POSITION: Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
JOB TYPE: 40 hours/week (salaried) SALARY RANGE: $34,000 – $43,000
For 60 years, Kansas City Repertory Theatre (KCRep) has been a source of inspiration to thousands of our nation’s best artists and to millions of Americans in Kansas City and beyond. KCRep is the city’s largest professional/regional LORT theatre and we are in search of a Development Associate to join our team. Be a part of our incredible work in Kansas City and join our team of passionate, dedicated artists, administrators, and non-profit professionals. We connect with each other and our community so we can create transformative theatre experiences for all. We value empathy, inclusion, openness, collaboration, and innovation.
JOB OVERVIEW: Kansas City Repertory Theatre (KCRep) is in search of a development associate to oversee all direct mail campaigns; maintain, grow, and steward relationships with existing individual donors; and support the development team in achieving fundraising goals. In addition, this position will support and uplift KCRep’s mission, vision, and values, and demonstrate a dedication to the principles of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Anti-racism (IDEA) work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Fundraising Campaigns
- Secure individual gifts ($1-999) to support the operations of KCRep.
- Oversee the creation of donor solicitation materials for direct mail, email, and social media in partnership with Marketing,
- Development Database Manager and Associate Director of Development, and external vendors.
- Manage and grow KCRep’s monthly giving program, annual fund and acquisition appeals (including holiday giving, spring annual fund, match campaigns).
- Coordinate all donor stewardship efforts and benefits fulfillment for the development team.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the database by ensuring all information is kept current.
- Utilize Tessitura database to identify individuals who have the capacity and propensity to make new and increased gifts.
- Pull appropriate lists and reports from Tessitura to analyze and interpret data to help guide departmental strategy and direction.
- Provide annual fund progress reports to key stakeholders.
- Fulfill stewardship benefits for donors who make qualifying gifts.
- Fulfill stewardship benefits to show and event sponsors.
- Create donor stewardship materials for use by the Individual giving team, including letters, brochures, buck slips, one-sheets, benefit materials and various recognition gifts in coordination with the marketing team.
- Provide exceptional customer service to donors over the phone and via email.
- Support and participate in donor events as needed.
- Foster a work environment incorporating KCRep values and moves forward the mission of the organization.
- Coordinate and copy edit/proof the performance program’s donor listing as needed.
- Pull and build reports, lists and extractions from Tessitura as needed.
- Provide gift entry and acknowledgement support to the Development Database Manager as needed.
- Write and maintain contact reports in the database for donor tracking.
- Utilize Tessitura Plans to track progress and prospects.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as filing, data entry, maintaining a filing system and more.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- Experience in a non-profit development position or applicable marketing and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently, creatively, and with attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate to set priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Ability and willingness to always exercise professional courtesy and discretion and maintain confidentiality, ensuring donor privacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Background in performing arts and/or non-profit organizations a plus
- Able to lift 25 lbs., as needed
- Some evening and weekend availability required.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Development Associate in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
KCRep promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. KCRep does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Full time salary position includes comprehensive benefit package including but not limited to health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plans as well as generous company paid holidays and PTO policy. This position requires the working of some evenings and weekends.